Applicants should be team players with a broad background in Linux server and desktop technologies,
experienced in enterprise operations, and have excellent troubleshooting skills.
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to: designing, deploying, supporting and
troubleshooting the Linux server and desktop infrastructure; documenting the IT infrastructure, policies
and procedures; and performing general user support. Applicants are expected also to participate in
after-hours work and an on-call rotation.
• Extensive experience designing, deploying and supporting Linux servers and desktops.
• Thorough understanding of systems and network protocols (LDAP, DNS, DHCP, Kerberos,
NFS, TCP/IP, SMTP, IMAP, SSL) and UNIX/Linux system internals (kernel, drivers, file
systems, virtual memory).
• Excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Experience deploying and supporting open source and proprietary infrastructure services
(BIND, FreeRadius, OpenLDAP, ISC DHCP, NFS, Kerberos, OpenSSL), integrating them into
the existing infrastructure, and debugging and patching them
• Experience implementing, operating and supporting open source tools for system and security
monitoring and management on UNIX/Linux platforms (e.g. mrtg, syslog-ng, xymon,
• Knowledge of scripting (perl, tcl, bash, ruby) to automate tasks.
Location: Long Island, NY
Position Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Join and receive job postings, industry news, and more!